This is the last photo I took whilst in London. I wasn't expecting to take any more, but when I saw these guys walking down a street in Covent Garden I had to grab my camera. They were so cool- they put their shades on and even thought about what they wanted as the backdrop to the image. These are the kind of people I love to photograph.
Friday, 28 June 2013
Thursday, 27 June 2013
I spent the past two days in London with school on a trip! (Look out for a photo diary and some street photography posts) I took these before we got the train down. I wanted to keep it really simple because London means lots of walking, and I think these shoes might already be the comfiest I own.
Jeans and Crochet Top- H&M
Cardigan- Per Una
Grey Top- Zara
Rose Necklace- New Look
Blue Necklace- River Island
Sunday, 23 June 2013
Today I took a trip into town to get some holiday bits and bobs for my brother. I promised myself that I wouldn't get anything- I'm in London next week, and going shopping next weekend with my Aunt. I didn't really stick to my promise, but I think these purchases are justified! The slipper style pumps are from Gap and I got them at a steal of around £7, I couldn't say no! They're so simple but the orange details make them great for summer. Easy A is a movie I've been wanting for ages because, well, who doesn't love Emma Stone? And I cannot believe I'm saying this, but my flip flops were £1 from Primark. Seriously.
I hope you've all had a fantastic weekend! Speak soon x
Saturday, 22 June 2013
A few details from the outfit I wore to look around Manchester Uni. I love these jeans so much, they have tiny velvet polka dots. My makeup was pretty basic- my usual cat eye and the pink Carmex Moisture Plus, which I'm loving at the moment. I hope you're all enjoying your weekend!
Jeans- Henry Holland
Top- Dorothy Perkins
Sandals- Dorothy Perkins
Wednesday, 19 June 2013
Hi guys! So, as you'll know, GFC is officially, definitely closing on July 1st. When I found out, I was scared that I would lose all of you guys because we were losing this great platform for keeping updated with the blogs we love. Thankfully, there are so many other alternatives!
After checking out the competition I fell in love with Bloglovin'! The format is so clear and easy to use and it's always updating. But, what really sold me on the whole thing is that you can import all the blogs you love to Bloglovin'. This was music to my ears because I like my blogs and follow quite a few. This make my life so much easier, because now I don't have to follow every single blog individually! This also means that you guys have no excuse in following me over on Bloglovin' ;-)
Here's how it works....
- Create your Bloglovin' account
- Click the link below! (only one more step to go and you're done!)
So there you go, the super easy way to follow everyone on Bloglovin' with two clicks!
Tuesday, 18 June 2013
Saturday, 15 June 2013
Boots- Dorothy Perkins
Rimmel Match Perfection 010
17 trio eye shadow (light gold, biscuit, cranberry)
Eyeko London Eyeliner in Brown
Collection Lash Multiplier Mascara
Vaseline Rosy Lips for lips and cheeks
Hi everyone, I hope you're enjoying the weekend! The burst of warm weather didn't last long here in England so I'm back in my spring clothes. I was experimenting earlier and came up with a really subtle smokey eye, which I instantly knew would work with the cranberry dress. (I'm not all that great with eye shadow and tend to avoid it, so I was impressed with the result!) I have no idea what the eye shadows are called. (sorry!) I've had them for a while and the names have all rubbed off.
Don't forget to read my last post on what I'm listening to this weekend, and follow me on Bloglovin'!
Friday, 14 June 2013
Lewis Watson- Calling
Robin Thicke- Blurred Lines
Macklemore- Can't Hold Us
KT Tunstall- Seen It All
Ellie Goulding- Guns and Horses
Paolo Nutini- Growing Up Beside You
Gabrielle Aplin- Panic Chord
Nina Nesbitt- Way In The World
Icona Pop- I Love It
Plan B- She Said
Here are some of the songs I'll be listening to this weekend when I'm pretending that it's sunny. In reality, it's cold and we keep getting torrential rain, but when I hear these songs, both old and new, I can almost feel the sun's rays.
Monday, 10 June 2013
Right Now I Love- A new fashion feature! I've seen so many people wearing skorts and love them to pieces. It's definitely on my shopping list. I would contrast the tailoring with a slouchy tee (WeWoreWhat inspired) and boots to give it a casual feel. How would you wear the skort?
Today's soundtrack- She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5. I had this on repeat whilst finishing off this post. I'm not sure exactly why, I guess I just remembered how great it is.
Sunday, 9 June 2013
Jeans- Fat Face
Bag- Red Herring
Here are some quick selfies I took earlier. Apologies for the lack of face... I think I need to position my camera better next time! I hope you've all had a great weekend. Keep an eye for some more posts like this over the next few weeks!
Tuesday, 4 June 2013
We've had gorgeous weather in the UK over the past few days, so naturally it's all we've been talking about! After my last exam this morning (hurrah) I spent the rest of the day outside. Here's what I took out to the garden with me- my essentials for an afternoon in the sun.
1) A pair of shades- mine were a steal at only £4.99 in New Look.
2) Sun Lotion- I've used quite a few different sun lotions and Piz Buin is my favourite because it smells so good and it protects me which still giving me a tan. This is the Allergy formulation so it's fine on my face too, which can sometimes get a bit stroppy and sensitive. If you want a suncream which will totally protect you I would recommend Garnier Ambre Solaire, I took it with me for a month in Nicaragua and didn't burn at all. It does give you greasy hands though.
3) Nail Polish- I spent this afternoon painting my toes and went for a coral pink and my much talked about orange in Stage Dive from Topshop.
4) Water- I'm sure you've been told enough times how important it is to stay hydrated in the Sun. Seriously, it is important though. A glass of cold water is refreshing and isn't bad for you one bit, so drink up!
5) A good book- I love an easy read and it's romantic I can't resist.
6) Music- for me it's either Radio 1 or my own music. I love making playlists so I'm often listening to one of those.
7) A magazine- the latest Harper's Bazaar arrived yesterday so I spent a good hour reading this. I love a chunky magazine to get stuck into!
Let me know if you like posts like this and I'll see if I can plan some similar ones. Do you have any essentials for an afternoon of sunbathing?
Saturday, 1 June 2013
I finally decided on what I've really loved over the past month that I wanted to share with you all. Here goes...
1) The Notebook. I'm sure you've seen me write about this movie before. I break down in tears every time I watch it. Last weekend I had an amazing night with one of my closest friends Emily (we've been really close since we were tiny) and I made her watch it. It reminded me how much I love this movie! If you haven't seen it, shame on you! It's Ryan Gosling, c'mon.
2) Flatforms. They look so comfy! I've seen Isabella from Views Of Now wear a pair and they're gorgeous, they're definitely big this summer!
3) Vitamin Water- XXX Antioxidants. I had this for the first time recently and it tastes so gooood. I'm kind of stating the obvious here, why else would it be in my favourites? Anyway, it has Blueberry, Pomegranate and Acai, and it's flippin' yummy.
4) Selena Gomez- Come and Get It. Man, it's so catchy. And Selena Gomez is stunning is the video for this song. Tanya Burr did a tutorial inspired by the video!
5) Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation. There's not really much I can say about this. It does what it says, matches me well, has light to medium coverage and is really good value for money!
6) Rookie Mag. In particular, I loved the interview with Emma Watson. Emma Watson, be my best friend?
7) Miranda Sings. I first watched her videos a few weeks ago and she had me in stitches, she's hilarious. This has to be my favourite video.
8) Statement Necklaces. At the moment I'm loving jeans, a simple slouchy V Neck and a bold necklace. I love this one from River Island.
9) Nice n Neutral by Topshop. I've worn this one lots recently. I'm definitely into nude nail polish, it goes with pretty much anything! Especially neon. If you follow me on instagram or read my last haul you'll know I just bought a neon orange (called Stage Dive) from Topshop and it goes so well with nude nails!
10) Weleda Skin Food. I've known about this for ages but have only just started using it regularly. I've seen other bloggers rave about it, I know Fleur de Force uses it and I would definitely say it's one of my essential products. It's not too greasy, my skin soaks it all up and loves it. My skin's not too happy at the minute, it's a bit dry, so it's really been needing this!
Let me know what've been your favourite things this month, I would love to hear your recommendations!