We've had gorgeous weather in the UK over the past few days, so naturally it's all we've been talking about! After my last exam this morning (hurrah) I spent the rest of the day outside. Here's what I took out to the garden with me- my essentials for an afternoon in the sun.
1) A pair of shades- mine were a steal at only £4.99 in New Look.
2) Sun Lotion- I've used quite a few different sun lotions and Piz Buin is my favourite because it smells so good and it protects me which still giving me a tan. This is the Allergy formulation so it's fine on my face too, which can sometimes get a bit stroppy and sensitive. If you want a suncream which will totally protect you I would recommend Garnier Ambre Solaire, I took it with me for a month in Nicaragua and didn't burn at all. It does give you greasy hands though.
3) Nail Polish- I spent this afternoon painting my toes and went for a coral pink and my much talked about orange in Stage Dive from Topshop.
4) Water- I'm sure you've been told enough times how important it is to stay hydrated in the Sun. Seriously, it is important though. A glass of cold water is refreshing and isn't bad for you one bit, so drink up!
5) A good book- I love an easy read and it's romantic I can't resist.
6) Music- for me it's either Radio 1 or my own music. I love making playlists so I'm often listening to one of those.
7) A magazine- the latest Harper's Bazaar arrived yesterday so I spent a good hour reading this. I love a chunky magazine to get stuck into!
Let me know if you like posts like this and I'll see if I can plan some similar ones. Do you have any essentials for an afternoon of sunbathing?